CT Comm Issues State of Emergency Plan
As a local business that genuinely cares about the wellbeing of Champaign county, CT Comm wants to ensure that everyone in our community stays up to date on the latest news and safety precautions concerning the COVID-19 virus.
Here are the facts:
- On March 9th, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine declared an official state of emergency. This declaration is not intended to incite panic, but rather to ensure we all understand the severity of the situation at hand.
- As of March 20th, the CDC has confirmed 15,219 positive cases and 201 total fatalities in the United States so far. The CDC reports 119 confirmed cases in Ohio.
- The virus is believed to have an incubation period of up to 14 days, meaning that it can lie dormant in healthy people who may or may not show symptoms.
- The most at-risk individuals are the elderly and those with weakened immune systems. If you fall into either of these categories, you are encouraged to limit your exposure to and interaction with others.
- As of Sunday, March 22nd, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine issued a mandatory “stay-at-home” order for all persons unless engaged in essential work or activity.
CT Comm is considered a Public Utility by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio. This means that the services we provide to our local customer base are regulated and required—even in times of emergency. We have initiated our State of Emergency plan and are well-prepared to continue providing Champaign county with the telecommunication services it needs, now more than ever. The following items are effective immediately:
- The CT Comm lobby is closed until further notice.
- There will be no on-site installation or troubleshooting on any premises other than Critical Restoration sites (hospitals, law enforcement, etc.) until further notice. Any customers with scheduled installations will be contacted and asked to reschedule according to state and federal sanctions.
- CT Comm customer service is still available 24/7. All emails, voicemails and trouble tickets will be continuously monitored and handled remotely.
We will continue to keep our valued customers updated during this time via social media and email. If you have any questions on any of the above information, please do not hesitate to reach of out to our customer service:
CT Comm Customer Service
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm