You can program your phone to accept only those calls from a special list of people. When your service is “turned on,” your phone will only accept those calls from your Selective Call Acceptance list. All other callers will hear an announcement that you are not accepting calls at this time.
How to turn this feature on and off
- Lift the handset and listen for the dial tone.
- Press *64. (On a rotary phone, dial 1164)
- Listen for an announcement telling you whether the feature is currently on or off. The recorded voice will then tell you how many (if any) numbers are currently stored in your acceptance list.
- Follow the voice instructions and dial 3 to turn the feature ON (if it is currently off), or turn the feature OFF (if it is currently on).
To add the last caller to your acceptance list
- Press #01#. (On a rotary phone, dial 1201)
- To add a number to your list
- Press #. (On a rotary phone, dial 12) Follow the voice instructions. You can store up to 12 phone numbers on your list.
To hear the phone numbers on your list
- Dial 1. After the list is read, voice instructions will follow.
- To remove a number from your list
- Press *. (On a rotary phone, dial 11) Follow the voice instructions to remove any or all of those numbers.