Looking to Update Your Email Provider? Let us help!
Migrating to a new email service can be a daunting, but necessary, task for many of us. From company mergers, to increasing credibility, to finding a more robust system—chances are we all will migrate to a new email service at some point in our lives.
As Urbana, Ohio’s high-speed Internet provider, we pride ourselves on being your go-to for all things Internet. Here is our checklist to make your email migration go from stress to success.
Follow this Simple Email Migration Checklist:
- Do Your Research. Search the web for the top credible email providers out there. These email services range from basic to robust, paid email packages for people that desire greater security, a specific URL, etc. After choosing a provider that fits your unique needs and budget, it’s as simple as signing up to create an account.
- Keep Your Contacts. Migrate your current contacts to your new email service. For a detailed “how to,” check with your new provider. Most email services have a help section on exporting and importing contacts.
- Notify Current Contacts. From your current email address, send an email to all of your current contacts informing them of your new email address. This message should ask them to update your contact information.
- Update Linked Accounts. You will need to inform your employer, insurance providers, mobile provider, banks, lenders, utility companies, subscriptions, social media accounts, etc. of your new email address. In most cases, you will need to log in with your account associated with these institutions and appropriately update your contact information.
- Bonus Tip: Keep Customers Informed. If your current email address is used for personal business, you will need to update your customers, website, and social media with your new email address.
Are you still nervous to make the plunge? The CT COMM team is more than happy to assist you in the process.
Please note that our free @ctcn.net email service will be ending this year on 12/31/21. If you have any questions or issues related to moving to another email service between now and the end of the year, don’t hesitate to contact us at (937) 653.4000, option 0, with any questions. Looking for step-by-step instructions? Download here!
Happy email hunting and don’t forget to send us an email with your new email address. We’d love to stay in touch!